Monday, July 6, 2009

Trip to the Tetons...

Hi!

We travelled to the Grand Teton National Park, Jackson, Jackson Hole, South Yellowstone, Dubois and Wind River Range part of Wyoming over the weekend. We stayed in a camper cabin near Lava Mountain on the Togwotee Pass but weren't "home" much. We did a lot of driving and poking around. I tried to do better about taking pictures this trip. Blogger isn't letting me move my pictures around as easily as it used to (likely my error but can't figure out what it is.) I'll try to put them in order, hopefully it will work:

The Grand Tetons were shrouded in storm clouds that made them even more stunning and mysterious than usual.

These little birds were so lovely and this one in particular actually posed for me (ask the family...he came hopping right up and stood still as if to say, "Mountains are all fine and well, but I am just as amazing." :O)

The wildflowers were as pretty as I've ever seen. The whole area looked as though it was a never-ending Eden. I couldn't resist taking some pictures - well, OK, a LOT of pictures - of them.



Buffalo! We also saw a mama moose and her calf and some elk. Deer and antelope are almost a given on any trip in Wyoming. We also got to see a REAL cowboy on his horse moving a herd with the help of his two dogs. Todd tried some more fly-fishing but still no luck. On our way through the western end of the Wind River Range, we found several places we'd enjoy re-visiting to camp and fish. I have to say again that words just can not describe how vast and gorgeous these wilderness areas are. I encourage you to come see for yourselves someday.
Kindrid skipping up the trail...
I love my family....

We ended the Fourth with fireworks in Dubois. We followed some locals up to a ridge, parked where they parked and waited to see what would happen. The whole of this small town was spread before us. Let me tell you....these folks LOVE their fireworks. It turned out they were setting off the official ones just a few hundred yards from us while the townsfolk gave their best to compete with one another and the official fireworks by sending off MANY of their own. It was a WILD experience and one we will likely try to repeat next year. Kindrid just couldn't get enough. She repeatedly declared this to be "the best day of her life" and being "unable to wait for next year's!" Of course, showing you in a picture how this looks was really hard but we tried.

We dove a lot. Todd got tired after a while so Brennen helped out.

Hope you have a wonderful week! Thanks for reading and especially for leaving comments as they encourage me to keep on blogging. Blessings...
Christy

6 comments:

Carleen said...

Here's my comment...KEEP Blogging please :)
Beautiful pics and kids.

Jessica said...

Brennan is getting so TALL!! Love the pic of Todd- it made Mick smile! Maybe we can come and take a trip next year to see you guys for the 4th!

Jodi said...

No...don't ever threaten to quit blogging....... Cute pictures. Glad you are back!

Jeannie said...

Love, LOVE, LOVE the pictures of the kids. They are growing up way too fast. Send both of them lots of "tickles" from me.

Rachel said...

Gorgeous! I can almost feel that dry air!

The Thorsrud Family said...

You guys go to so many fun places! Nolan would love that. I saw your comment on Rachel's so thought I would make my way to your neck of the woods! Hi!