Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wild, Wild West...

Hello Fam and Friends,

Wow! Didja watch the Opening Ceremonies last night? It just blew our socks off! Kindrid, Collin, Brennen, Andrew, Todd, Robin and I gathered around Todd's Big Ole TV last night to watch with great interest what the Chinese would come up with. If you saw it, I'm sure you felt, as we did, that nothing quite like it has ever been seen before. What a great time to celebrate our cultures and the unity that sports brings among widely diverse peoples. Those of you that know me know I'm definitely not a sports kinda girl, but I do like this time every couple of years when it brings together so many different people and provides the media an opportunity to do some positive reporting. From brushing up on rusty geography to learning about the struggles so many of the athletes face, the Olympics are a chance for the world to become a little smaller. I think I am more fascinated by the "human interest" pieces they do than by the incredible physical feats the athletes exhibit! More than politics and the interests of nations as a whole, I think the experience is about individuals with dreams - isn't that realization much more likely to draw us together than drive us apart? Anyhow, that's my two cents! I know not everyone agrees, but it's my blog so there! :O)

We've had a good week here with the Fiedlers. Mike made it safely back to Peoria early in the week, and Robin is picking him up tomorrow in Ft. Collins - they'll spend the night there and explore Rocky Mountain National Park on their way back. I'm jealous! They might find me hiding away in their suitcase!! Not that one would see much from a suitcase! I digress...

Yesterday we visited the Paleontological museum in Glenrock. http://www.paleon.org/about_us.htm
If you plan to come visit us, you can be sure I will be dragging you there! We had a personal tour from a paleontology student and, although the museum is small, we saw some totally rockin' stuff! WAY old bones, the lab where they are cleaned, and we even got to take home some bits of dinosaur bones to keep. The kids loved it. So did the grown ups!


Today Robin and I got to do some shopping - big hug to Todd who watched all four kids. We bought them hats at the dollar store:


Kindrid, in true Diva Form, considers a purple princess dress, turquoise water shoes and a cowgirl hat totally hip. (Her mommy considers words like "hip" totally fine to use despite it being the new century and all) :O) Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Love,

Christy

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

What? No new posts? Are you becoming a slacker or something?

You could always let us know things like when school is going to start, is Kindrid going to preschool, is Brennan looking forward to being in school all day, etc. Get with the program.

Let you move to Wyoming and all you do is goof off! What's that all about?

Gotta love me--I'm too cute not to.

Jessica said...

You need to update your blog! I check it every day-sometimes several times a day-come on I need something to read!

Jessica said...

LOL- I just read Jeannie's post, see you have a following that you need to keep up with!