Friday, September 12, 2008

The Circle of Life...

I know, I know...two posts in one day! But, I couldn't resist sharing what happened here a few moments ago. I came into the kitchen and noticed outside the patio door there were feathers floating down from somewhere up above. Crouching down and trying to see above the lathe stuff that shades part of our deck I could see this big guy enjoying a lunch of what appears to have been a morning dove (don't feel too sad for the morning dove, Mom S...there are dozens and dozens of them here). I snapped these shots from a window in our bedroom upstairs. Kindrid and I enjoyed watching him literally tear into his lunch with cautious gusto. Though I know he heard and likely saw us, he apparently decided we were worth the chance to finish his main entree! :O)



What a cool Close Encounter we had with nature today!
:O) Christy
PS Likely this kind http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-tailed_Hawk although I can't tell for sure...he's still sitting out there contemplating the dessert menu...perhaps I shall go and ask him!!

No comments: