Sunday, February 22, 2009

A New Family Member...

Introducing....

Bailey!!!
I've mentioned us thinking about getting a dog a couple of times. Yesterday Todd and the kids went to two shelters to see what they could see. They found Bailey. I went back with them, agreed that she is a lovely dog and so she is now part of our family!
She came to the shelter from a rancher along with three other dogs. He listed her as being about two years old and having some golden retriever in her. I think she weighs about 35 pounds but needs to gain a little weight as she is pretty gaunt. She is so sweet and mild-mannered. One hardly knows she's there. She's housebroke! She'd been at the shelter for three weeks, and they'd never heard her bark. Neither have we. She's great with the kids and is eating up all the attention she's getting. We think she'll be a little more spunky once she gains some weight and settles into our home. She responds to some commands and has already shown herself to be VERY bright in learning new things. Of course time will tell, but I think we've found the perfect doggie for our family.
She has kennel cough and will need to be "fixed." We'll take her to the vet this week and make plans to take care of both those things. And she's getting a bath. Today. :O)
Kindrid has such a heart for dogs and just keeps saying over and over that she can't believe we now have one! She was very taken by surprise that we just found her and went and got her. I wish you could have seen her smiles!!
Brennen said on the way home with her, "I have a big thing of happiness in me, Mommy, because we got a dog."


They each got to pick out a toy for her and can't wait to take her for walks and teach her stuff etc. Their joy and her sweet spirit are providing much satisfaction in our decision to get her for Todd and me.


Welcome home, Bailey, welcome home!!!

Have a great week,
Christy

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

She is so cute--but so little! I guess I'm used to big dogs. Shouldn't you have gotten a Roxie?

Amanda said...

ahh! she is soo cute! I am so glad the kids are excited!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy for you all! I just set up a dogbook page for Jed on facebook this am...so please add Bailey...Jed needs more friends. I can't wait to come visit you!!!!!!!!!! Do you think she likes babies???? Much love to you all :)

Jessica said...

Awwe! What a pretty little girl!! So sweet!! Looks like the kids are loving her! Is K's hair straight now?

Debbie said...

So adorable! Too bad we can't take our pooches for walks together!!!