Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Life Lately...

(Hi All, I actually typed this last week but it took me a while to get the pictures attached so it's "old news." I'll post some newer stuff in the next couple days.)


Brennen was on the Lego.com website fascinated by all the available sets. I commented that some day he could go to work for the Lego company and design sets and how cool that would be. Kindrid interrupted me and said firmly, "No, Mommy. Me and Brennen have a plan. We are going to work at restaurants and gas stations when we grow up."

Bailey is doing great. She's about as quiet as she was when she first came and plays very, very little for such a young doggie. The vet wants her to gain about 12 pounds - she's so thin it's sad. She goes back to see him on Monday. If he's happy with her progress, that's good. If not, he's going to run some tests and see if maybe she has an infection of some kind or something. She had some problems the first few times we left her alone but has since been just fine when left. (The first times involved a downed shower curtain/rod, pictures off the wall, nose marks on the bathroom mirror - accessible only by getting onto the counter - and several areas of chewed door trim. Needless to say, I'm thrilled she's over that!!) She joined us on our trip to Denver last weekend and did OK with Matt and Carrie's dogs. She didn't play with them and wanted her space, but there were no fights. I can't even tell you what a calm, sweet, gentle soul she is. The kids love her and are very sweet to her. I'm very happy to have skipped the whole puppy stage, love that my kids are so happy with her and enjoy having her company around the house.

Brennen is on Spring Break this week. We spent the weekend in Denver with Auntie Carrie and Uncle Matt. Everyone (except me) skied on Saturday morning at Arapaho Basin - this meant crossing the Loveland Pass (at 11,990 feet) over the Continental Divide above the Eisenhower tunnel - fun! Carrie and Matt are so patient with the kids. It was Brennen's second time and Kindrid's first. Brennen skied at the beginner's area for a while and then tried the big hill (including the lift) a couple times. He fell some, but mostly did great! I thought that Kindrid would give up almost as soon as she began. Boy! Did she prove me wrong! She had a rough patch right at first, but Carrie talked her through it, and then she did great. She even went down the little hill once without assistance! On the way home, she told us that, "I'm going to be a skier-girl when I grow up!" Thank you, Matt and Carrie, for helping the kids get started on this and for your seemingly inexhaustible patience!!!
(I'm not sure why some pictures are smaller but you get the idea)
Brennen on the "Magic Carpet:"

Kindrid looking like a little pro practicing her "pizza" skills:


So, Saturday we are up in the mountains bundled up against the cold...Sunday finds us at the Denver Zoo in short sleeves eating ice-cream at a picnic table! The zoo was super fun. We've been to number of zoos, but the kids are always so excited to see all the creatures. Their enthusiasm makes it new again for all of us.


Yep...it's official! The milestone to which EVERY parent looks forward...Kindrid is now about the same size as an Emperor Penguin!!



Thank you, Uncle Matt and Auntie Carrie for a fabulous time and the great pictures!!


Todd's had a cold for a week now that is making sleep and work harder. Please pray he starts to feel better soon. (update here...he is much better since last week)

Love,
Christy





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pictures...they are wonderful.
"I'm very happy to have skipped the whole puppy stage"
I love you!

Jessica said...

Ok, the pose that K is doing in the last picture makes her look like a total diva! LOL...I also the love the one of B looking off to the side. Glad all is going well for you guys! We miss you all soooooo much! Thank you for helping me thru my hard time 2 years ago, I think you really showed me some positive ways to look at it this time, I love you and appreciate our friendship so much.
Love, Jessica