Monday, May 18, 2009

Has It Really Been A Month?...

Hello Everyone,

I really don't think it can have been a month since my last post. Really. Where did the month go?

Well, for starters, it went to the circus! In order to get good seats (we got great ones) we went right after picking Brennen up at school to wait a little over an hour for the show to begin. A few snacks (gotta have cotton candy and popcorn at the circus) helped the time go by quickly! Doesn't everyone do their school homework at the circus?? Well, I guess if you attend Fort Caspar Academy you do! :O(
This circus had it all...note the white tiger!!Kindrid almost got sick she laughed so loud and long at these cotton-candy-colored poodles and their antics...She was truly delighted with them!
It wouldn't be a circus without the dancing lady on the elephant! (This picture is in loving memory of my Uncle Otto who took my sister and me to see them set up the circus tent long ago in Brainerd...he never could quite answer the "how many elephants were there?" question! I pray my kids' memories of this circus are as sweet as mine of that one!)

And, lo, Kindrid was sitting eating lunch and calmly states, "Mommy, I just lost a tooth." And indeed she had. Her first one. And we didn't even know it was loose. :O) The one next to it is going to come out any day now! She was in total awe and sooo thrilled about it!


The puppies turned 8 weeks last Thursday so Todd took out a month long ad in the paper offering them for free (we did ask folks to cover the first shots). We thought it would take forever to find homes for all of them. It didn't. It took ONE DAY. Friday was one of the most bittersweet days I've ever had as we said good-bye to five puppies out of seven (we are keeping one and holding one for my sister and brother-in-law). Poor Brennen...he went to school without even saying good-bye to them only to come home to find half of them already gone. He handled it well, though. I think us keeping a puppy has made that easier. Anyhow, here they are one last time...
This one went to an older gentleman who has never had a dog and excited to get her....


This one went to Denver to a friend of Todd's sister, Carrie....We hear her new name is Lola! Cute!!

This was one of our most favorite pups...he was the only male and we came very, very close to keeping him ourselves. The family that took him also took the next little golden colored one...

Here is our new little girl. We still don't have a name although Sofie and Lucy are in the running...

This one went to a family that wants to train her to play with their ferret (!)...


And this one is my sister's new doggie...Cute!...

And one final picture of the whole gang...or most of them, anyhow!! :O)
Let's see...what else?
...Kindrid asked me a while back why airplanes don't have turn signals.
...We hosted a cookout last night of folks from Todd's work. We had 21 people here. It was so fun to see the deck full of people. It was a gorgeous evening!
...We've done a bunch of work in the yard lately. We got rid of some ugly shrubs by the front door, mulched a bunch of gardens that were just dirt and planted lots of flowers on the deck. I'm going to wait on several gardens until after the house is painted (which will hopefully be done in the next couple weeks. My brother-in-law is coming in a week to help do that huge job. This also means my sister and NIECE are coming too...hooray!)
Well, that's all there is time for! Hope your day, er, week, er, MONTH is going great!
Love to you all,
Christy


4 comments:

Jodi said...

I figured when I had four comments posted on my blog from you, you just might be updating your own blog. Finally! No more excuses, either, with the puppies gone.

Glad to see Brennen doing homework at the circus. It sure beats losing homework at the circus......

Jessica said...

Yeaaa! Thank you for updating us on your family! We miss you guys so very much. We rec'd a form from your church about Todd and working in childcare...funny, they must not know your background ;0) We completed it, so it should be there in time for Todd to do some teaching Sunday! Miss you guys and love you1!!

Jeannie said...

It's about time you posted--especially with pictures. I just cannot believe how grown up Kindrid & Brennen look in the latest pics. If we blink again they'll be driving. I think it's time for a trip to Peoria for them so we can witness their growth in person.

Can you believe that this week last year Ann L. was training. If you've kept up with the emails, newsletters & web you'll notice we added another class in 252, have 2 leads for that area, and a full-time youth pastor. In 2 weeks we'll have a youth ministry intern until December. We're now advertising for an additional part-time support person.

I just try to keep the Sr. Pastor in line--there are days I remind him that I can access his house & that the children & dog all like me. That's my story & I'm sticking too it.

Seriously, though, you need a trip to Peoria this summer. What a great place to vacation--remodeled zoo, riverfront activities, and best of all. . . . .ME!

Dean said...

The puppies are so cute. The one you guys have decided to keep is the spitting image of my dog Randy I had as a kid. Not sure if you remember him. I will hope your dog has a better disposition then he did. :)

The tooth fairy is going poor in your house.:)

Going to the circus looks like fun. I love white tigers.

Dean

P.S.-and remember---"her name is Rio and she dances on the sand". (I still can't beleive you got me hooked on Duran Duran) :)