Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Simply Celebrating...

Hi Everyone,

We celebrated simply today. My baby girl turned 5. As a reward for stopping her nail biting and to celebrate her birthday, we both got manicures this morning. Here are our glamorous hands! :O) Since Beth S. isn't nearby :O( to make Kindrid's adorable birthday cakes as in bygone Peoria days, Kindrid decided we should have a go at making one ourselves. She picked the mix (Chocolate), the frosting (Chocolate), the sprinkles (Multi-colored flowers) and the candles (Balloons!). Here she is doing some smoothing of the frosting. Note the tongue - she always does this when concentrating...And, of course, you have to eat the evidence!! I think all those years at Jessica's turned my child into a choco-addict!!Kindrid styled her own hair to go out to a "fancy" dinner at Hometown Buffet! Five barrettes...you know...one for each year! She was thrilled with the gift Brennen got her! :O) He choose a Little Petshop pencil sharpener, the just-re released-today Sleeping Beauty DVD and a Disney Fairy book.Stylin' in the super warm, much needed, 3 in 1 coat Auntie Carrie and Uncle Matt got her... (My apologies if your gift wasn't shown...means nuthin' except I was distracted watching her open her gifts!)

I'm somewhat sorry to say, but, as it should be, Mommy and Daddy stole the show by giving Kindrid her heart's desire tonight...an American Girl Doll (are you reading, P.R.??) named Felicity. She's longed for this doll for a llllooonnngggg time but had read somewhere they were for kids "8 and up" and so resigned herself sweetly and patiently to waiting until then before she could get her. She often talks about how "when I'm 8 and can get my American Girl doll." No words I have can describe her delighted and grateful heart when she opened this gift. At one point she asked us with a frown of concern, "But, I'm only 5...I'm supposed to be 8...what if I break her??"


Felicity is already the recipient of many hugs and kisses and even now lies sleeping next to Kindrid.
Brennen lit the candles...
Kindrid blew them out.......Todd, Brennen and I ate cake while Kindrid went back to her doll. She said she was too full from supper, and could she please wait and have hers tomorrow! :O)

Thanks to all of you that called, sent cards, left messages, gave gifts, posted comments and emailed - Kindrid didn't have a big party with balloons and games and lots of friends, but she had a day full of love of family and friends and things she loves doing. I'm sure by this time next year we'll be overrun with little girl friends giggling and swatting at a Barbie pinata (oooo - I like that idea - is it my turn yet??!!) but for this year we were content to celebrate simply!

With love,

Christy







2 comments:

Jessica said...

Obviously she didnt learn enough from me tho! LOL...You NEVER skip cake on your birthday! Didn't I teach you anything?

Anonymous said...

Does that girl look like you or what? I think it's the photo of her big smile that reminded me so much of you!

Love,
Heatharlyne