Thursday, October 30, 2008

That's Good! That's Bad!

Hello Friends and Family,

I know it's been a little longer than I usually wait to post, but life has been busier this week and kinda got away from me. We've had lots of ups and downs since I last posted....nothing serious and "ups" outweigh the "downs!"

Both Todd and I continued to have sore throats last week causing sleepless nights and much snoring on Todd's part. :O) (That's Bad!)

We got a very heavy, sloppy, fast-falling snowstorm on Tuesday (That's Good!) that all melted away the next day (That's Bad!). (You see, my whole classification system of good vs. bad is based on lots of scientific research and data...no one can accuse me of it being purely my own opinion!) :O)

Here is Kindrid watching the onslaught of fat flakes coming down....


When adjusting his arm length ceased to be enough to focus his eyes, Todd went and had them checked. (That's Bad!) His New Glasses will be arriving sometime next week! (That's Good!)
His blood pressure has been elevated (That's Bad!) but he's going to the doctor next week to get it figured out. (That's Good!)

The census has been up at Todd's hospital. (That's Good!) Todd was Administrator On Call for the last week. He's been AOC before with minimal activity after work hours in the past, but this week was pretty different with lots of calls and unique situations. He was on the phone a lot in the evenings and over the weekend. (That's Bad!)

Brennen came home from school on Wednesday with a full-blown case of hives again. (That's Bad!) They lasted until Monday (That's Bad!) and caused him a lot of discomfort/sleeplessness with the itching. (That's Bad!) I still have no idea what causes them. (That's Bad). At least they are gone for now. (That's Good! - I had to figure out a way to get one "good" in this paragraph!) :O)

Brennen didn't have school on Thursday/Friday last week due to parent-teacher conferences. (That's Good!). We thought about taking a trip somewhere, but decided to stay put for a change which was wise considering the sore throats and hives. (That's Good!) Brennen loves having days just to stay at home! (That's Good!) Brennen's conference was wonderful...he's doing great in school with all A's and high class rankings. (That's Good!) His reading level is significantly above average and, best of all, he likes it. (That's Good!) His teacher did share that she will be moving to Colorado over Christmas break, and they currently seeking a replacement. (That's very, very Bad!) Brennen took the news OK, but, in typical Brennen fashion, we noticed his behavior got worse over the next few days. (That's Bad!) Poor guy! The transition to a new school with all new friends and new writing and phonics program was a big deal for him. The good news is that we know God is working for Brennen's good all the time and we put our trust in that. (That's Good!) We know it will all work out. Please pray for Brennen and his class!

For the last few months, Todd and I have been unable to use our bathroom shower as it needed to be re-grouted and caulked. (That's Bad!) Todd had time to get to that project this weekend. (That's Good!) I got to use it yesterday...so nice not to have to traipse through the house for a shower anymore! (That's Good!)

Last week the senior pastor from our new church called and asked if I would do the devotion talk for the 3rd-6th graders at last night's AWANA club meeting. (That's Good!) I was totally OK talking to the kids but wasn't thrilled that their adult leaders would also be in the room. (That's Bad!) I'm just more comfortable with kids! Anyhow, considering what week it is, I spoke about "fear." It went smoothly, the kids seemed engaged, and I got that ol' "I love teaching" thrill that comes from doing the one thing I always come back to feeling I'm fairly decent at. :O) (That's Good!) I will do lots of other stuff with pleasure, but this one thing brings such deep satisfaction!

Todd has been in Albuquerque most of this week for meetings. (That's Bad!) He's due to come home this evening. (That's Good!)

I say that so you can understand how big a deal it was that I took Brennen to his first soccer practice by myself. (That's Bad!) Wish you could have seen Brennen and me trying to get his shin guards and socks on while the team waited to begin practice! (That's Bad!) Turns out Brennen instinctively knew how they went on (That's Good!) as I was clueless!! He LOVED it! (That's Good!) We were a little frustrated as they'd asked Todd to coach and he'd decided to do it. Brennen was Over The Top (!) thrilled at the prospect of having Daddy as a coach - if you know Brennen, you know he seldom gets very exited about much but this news caused him to grin and jump around and shout with joy! There was some phone tag, and, by the time we touched base with the leadership, they'd found a different coach without calling and letting us know. (That's Bad!) That news, combined with his teacher moving, made for a few bad days for Brennen. (That's Bad!) Anyhow, the coach says he could use some help so hopefully Todd will still get to be involved. (That's Good!)

We had "make your own" pizzas Saturday night (That's Good!) - so that's what this random picture is about...Monday, after school, the kids and I went to Wal-Mart to get pumpkins. When we went to carve them, Kindrid's was really, really disgusting on the inside. (That's Bad!) We had one really sad little girl so, Knight Daddy went out on his trusty white horse to exchange the pumpkin. (That's Good!) He ended up having to go to a couple places but finally returned with his trophy and pumpkin carving commenced. (That's Good!)



Note the Indy hat...


Kindrid's ballet class was invited to dress up on Tuesday...here is my little ballet-fairy girl! (That's Good...and Cute!!)



And in other news....
...Congrats to my friend, R.F, on her new job! Way to go, girl!! (That's Good!)
...A great joy in my week was to hear from my friend, J.O., that she is back to normal and as feisty as ever after a bout with cancer...you are my hero, J.!!! (That's Good!)
...Although we forgot to call or email (That's Bad!) we still wish Cousin Cia a very happy birthday!! (That's Good!) We love you, Cia!!!
...We are sad to miss it (That's Bad!) but we sure hope Auntie Carleen has a wonderful time at her shower on Saturday! (That's Good!)
...my in-laws re-listed their house with a new realtor this last week...buy it so they can move here!! See it at: http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?loc=Brainerd%2c+MN&mnp=140000&mxp=150000&bd=4&bth=2&sid=74160bd0451d4fd9972bdebd6a9f53c2&lid=1104142754&lsn=3&srcnt=18
(That would be very, very Good!)
Hope all is well with you and that The Good and The Bad all work out for you as they do for us...we are blessed!
Love,
Christy











2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow- that a long post Christy! But I loved reading every good and bad thing that happened last week to you guys! And I loved the pictures! I am jealous of all your photos you get to put on your blog, mine only allows 3 at a time ;( Brennan is still growing and changing so much and Kindrid looks so darn cute in her little tutu! Tell Todd to smile more for the camera also ;) Have a fun weekend, I love reading your blog and catching up with you and the fam!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm most jealous that you can go to Wal-Mart and buy a pumpkin! I'm glad that the good has outweighed the bad for you!

Love,
Heatharlyne