Sunday, October 19, 2008

Week in Review...

Dear Friends and Family,

It's been a long week here in Casper.

This is how our deck looked last Sunday...we ended up with 10-12 inches. By Thursday it was all gone.Last Sunday... Today...What a difference a week makes!!

It was a full week. Here's news:

*Brennen had strep this week and missed a day and a half of school. He's feeling much better now. (Doctor visit number 1.)

*Kindrid began ballet on Tuesday morning. She had a great time and is really looking forward to the next class. She will be in a Christmas and Spring recital. It's a whole new scene to Mommy as I've never had anything to do with dance other than having some great friends and one lovely sister-in-law that were Kixters.

*I went to the doctor this week to get my prescription for Imitrex (my migraine happy pills!) renewed amongst other things (routine). :O) Please pray...when we went to pick up the Imitrex prescription, it was more than $25.oo PER PILL! We didn't get it, and Todd is going to call our new insurance company and find out if that's really the case. I'm staying calm about it for now until he talks to them. Considering I use at least 5 or more a month and the HUGE difference these little pills have made in the quality of my life, this could have a really big impact on me. I'm hoping for the best. (Doctor visit number 2.)

*I filled out A TON of forms this week. Some for Kindrid's ballet class, some for my doctor visit, some for Brennen's walk-in clinic doctor visit, some for both kids for the new family doc we'll see, some for Brennen for soccer he'll start soon, some for Brennen's school conferences next week and some for membership at our new church. Yikes!!

*On Thursday Todd's throat started to hurt. By Saturday it was bad so he went to the walk-in clinic...negative for strep so he just has to get over it, Poor Guy! (Doctor visit number 3!!)

*We are still vehicle hunting. We've tried lots of cars and today tried a mini van. I don't really want to be a Mini Van Mom (OK for others...just not my thing) but can really see the practical aspects of having one. The kids are really comfortable and the space is great. We are comfortable with great space now in the Expedition, but mileage is awful. We'll see what happens. Todd's going to do some more research on line.

*MY throat began to hurt yesterday...hmmmm...could I be headed for doctor visit number 4? Tough to tell when one family member was positive for strep and the other negative. Why is it always so hard to decide when to go in???

*Todd and I watched August Rush the other night. If you like happy endings and love music, this is a must see!!

*This little flock (covey? group? pod?) of prairie chickens visited our back yard yesterday. We've seen them here and there around the neighborhood, and it was fun to have them come see us. Bad picture as I was trying very hard not to scare them. Their visit was just one more reminder of how this country we've moved to belongs to the wild things. In the middle of town on Tuesday the kids and I saw five antelope eating bushes in someone's yard, and a doe passed in front of the car with a buck close behind her near the mall when Kindrid and I were on our way to small group Friday night.
*The kids began practice for their church Christmas Program this week. It's on the many names for Christ. It feels strange to not have a thing to do with it but making sure my own kids know their lyrics. :O) My detachment from the children's ministry here is not to last long though, I think. A pastor approached me this morning and mentioned needing a VBS Director for the coming summer and thought I'd had a little experience with that...guess he read my forms!! Busted! ;O)

*Todd joined Facebook! Check it out! We'd love to have you be our friend!! :O)

Well, that's us this week. We love you all,
Christy

5 comments:

Kate Geesaman said...

You're drawing us all in Christy! I've been having a blast catching up with people. I'll be praying for you guys and hope something is resolved with health insurance end of things.

Jeannie said...

Based on the happenings in Chicago yesterday, I really don't think Todd wants me as a facebook friend! It has something to do with an animal that you've said I can't mention.
You don't know how close I came to calling--I was beside myself doing a happy dance.

Stephanie said...

Ha Jeannie!

I'm a minivan mom, and I LOVE it. I can't say enough good things about stow-n-go. We went on a trip and it fit all our stuff, the kids, and a new stove.

I hope you're all feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Thanks for keeping up with the pictures. I enjoy them all especially the ones with the kids in them.
Love ya all!

Robin said...

OK....time to update your blog. How was the soccer game? How are the hives? This is vital stuff we need to know about.