Tuesday, March 24, 2009

AWANA Games...

Hi Everyone,

On Saturday, Todd, Brennen and Kindrid travelled with some friends (thanks, Huberts!!) to Scottsbluff, NE so Brennen could compete in the AWANA games. It's sort of an Olympics for this region of AWANA clubs. The games are all played on a circular court. There is an identical court at our church where Brennen plays these games each Wednesday as part of his time at AWANA. Brennen played on both his own age-group team, Sparks, and on the next older team as they needed extras, T and T (3rd-6th grades). Both teams took first place!!! As I wasn't there (someone had to stay home with the babies), I can't tell you much about the pictures, but this must be opening: Brennen is just in front of the ref:This is Brennen's good friend from school, Brennan. :O) Brennen invited him to AWANA several months ago and he's continued to come. What a great kid he is!!Kindrid went along to cheer in my place. Here she is with her friend, Chloe:



A winning team!

Another winning team:
They arrived home after 10:00 p.m. Brennen was wiped out but super proud of his first place ribbon and medal!!
And what did I get? I had a whole day home alone!! I took care of puppies, worked on Vacation Bible School and napped. I can't remember the last time I had a day at home alone. What a blessing!
Love you all,
Christy

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Okay, B is getting seriously tall! I can believe how much he has changed. Miss you and love you!

Jodi said...

So I really thought the Mexican lunch was going to make the blog as many times as Todd said, "That was REALLY good Mexican food." Was he sad we didn't go back for dinner???

Anonymous said...

How terrific! Over here, we have nothing like the AWANA games, although we do have a great games leader who makes the most of many children in a very small area...my kids will be jealous. Congrats to Brennen!

Love,
Heatharlyne

P.S. Glad it's you and not me with those puppies, although they are darling!

Carleen said...

Just want you to tell Brennen how impressed we are with him! Way to go buddy! Also thanks to Todd who took wonderful pictures. Did I miss out on REALLY good Mexican food????