Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves...


The dwarves spoke with each other for awhile and then said,
"If you will keep house for us, and cook, make beds, wash, sew,
and knit, and keep everything clean and orderly,
then you can stay with us, and you shall have everything that you want."
"Yes," said Snow White, "with all my heart."
For Snow White greatly enjoyed keeping a tidy home.
-From Grimms Fairy Tales


Yup...Snow White...that's me!! (C'mon...you know what I mean!) :O)
Who knew that being the grandmother of seven little puppies would be so much work?! There's bedding to be changed, boxes to be wiped clean, giving them to Bailey to feed, moving them back to their box again, getting up in the night for feedings, coming up with progressively larger boxes for them, making sure Bailey's not squishing them and keeping their momma in food so the milk keeps coming! There is a certain new, subtly pervasive smell in the air at our house that, no matter what Snow White tries, lingers on. Ah, well, unlike Snow White's dwarves, these little ones are growing REALLY FAST. Today marks their one week birthday so I thought I'd put some pictures up. I don't know if you can compare to the previous ones and see what I mean as I didn't zoom as close, but you get the idea. I'll put them in the same order as I did the last ones.

Their eyes are not yet open, but they look less like rats each day and are stronger, quicker and seem more aware of one another and us.

Have great weekends!! Love,

Snow...er...Christy

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Awwwe!!! They are starting look more like cure tiny puppies...so which one are you guys keeping? LOL

Debbie said...

Maybe you're Cinderella and the pups are your wicked stepsisters!!

Carleen said...

Okay Grandma Snow White! Thanks for these pics, now put some new ones up. I love your blog, keep up the good work :)~

Nicole said...

Awwww...how nice of you to show us your little dwarves. I'll bet the kids are enjoying this process so much. I am praying you get some sleep tonight!