Thursday, July 3, 2008

Raindrops on Roses...

Hi All,

It's been a busy couple of days at the new house. I've been cleaning and prepping the kids' rooms for painting. I love getting to know a house and making it our own. These are some of "my favorite things" about it:

His and her closets in the master!

This darling row of built-in flower pots along the deck! Having a laundry sink again!
This large counter for folding laundry and SCRAPPING!
This tile detail above the kitchen stove!
The kitchen planning center!
The built in wine rack and all the wonderful kitchen cabinets!
The island dining counter in the kitchen - I can already see this is going to be the center of our home! (Note Brennen's Hardy Boys book and my book - he's taking after my questionable habit of reading while eating his lunch.)
The character the dormers lend to the upstairs bedrooms!
You can see it's kind of a mess and will be even more so once our stuff gets here but it's a happy mess and there's method to our madness. :O)
Some random things:
1. Sam's Club carries ground buffalo meat here. :O)
2. Kindrid saw a fly the other day in the camper and asked if she could get the "fly swapper."
3. The poor waitress at the restaurant we went to on Tuesday night dumped a huge glass of ice-water all over me....now I know how the coaches feel when the Gatorade comes over them!
4. Kindrid was wondering something the other day about when a "bride marries the broom."
5. We are making dinner tonight for the folks that run our RV park. There are two couples that do it and they are really fun. One of the men is going to grill steaks Todd bought on the big grill they use for the Buffalo Grill for the weekends meals they do and we will have our meal there. Brennen is really impressed that "just us" get to eat in the little restaurant with "no one else there."
6. God Bless America! Happy Independence Day to you all!
Love,
Christy

5 comments:

Mick Dobra said...

Seems a little short on space to me. I guess you'll manage!

Happy Independence Day to you too!

Mick

Mick Dobra said...

"...we have to have room for when people come to live with us for weeks on end.

:O) (Which we love, of course.)"

And we loved staying with you, of course! It truly was fun. Miss you guys and am looking forward to the next time we get to move in!

It is a fabulous home!

Mick

grandmamarge said...

absolutely love it...and it is so "you!" nothing wrong with reading while you eat, you inherited that trait from your mom and look how good she turned out! Happy Fourth to you too, Independence is worth celebrating.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Christy,

Just catching up again! I second Grandma Marge--what's wrong with reading while you eat?! Sometimes, I think that my kids think the bottom of my face looks like a paperback!

The house looks beautiful. Best of luck with moving in.

Heatharlyne

Jeannie said...

No comments in over a week! Are you trying to make us think you're unpacking or something. I know the truth--you're making those poor little children work too hard. Maybe I should have Tim Powell have a talk with you.

Starting next week I'll be off work so I'll have plenty of time to bug you on your blog.