Sunday, July 27, 2008

Feels more like home...

Hi,

I don't have much to report...we're kind of in the calm between the "storms" of our summer visitors. We had so much fun with Auntie Carleen and Uncle Jeff. We got to share with them some favorite spots and explore some new ones. Our new home already has happy memories of their visit! We are very much looking forward to the Fiedlers coming to stay at the end of this week.

I've been thinking so much about Richwoods (our IL church) and their dedication service this morning in their new building. I pray it went great and parking was a HUGE problem - a good problem to have!! http://www.richwoods.org/

I'm planning to enroll Brennen in a public school this week - it's a unique charter school with a brand new building a few blocks from our house. http://www.fortcasparacademy.com/ The photo on their homepage shows their old building. After a long visit with their principal, I think this is a good choice for us...my fine print always has to read, "time will tell!"

Kindrid came and woke me in the middle of the night a week or so ago to tell me she couldn't sleep "with the crickets on" and wondering if I could turn them off. :O) I closed her window a bit and she immediately went back to sleep.

We visited an Evangelical Free church for the third time today. I think another visit or two will find us seeking info on membership. It's a growing church with a contemporary service. We feel pretty at home there, and folks have been really friendly.

Todd surprised me on Friday with A NEW LAPTOP!! He knows how much I've missed "mine" from work, and I'm sure he is tired of me borrowing his! I'm so excited as it's little and just the kind I like.

Have I ever shared that my in-laws are hoping to move to Casper when their house sells? It's for sale in Brainerd, MN if anyone knows anyone looking! :O) We'd love to have them here - Kindrid sweetly prays for it to sell often. Here's the link: http://www.positiverealty.com/listings/detail.php?lid=24425800&limit=0&offset=0&&&posc=7&post=16&cfq=searchtype%3D1%26radarea%3D0%26startnewsearch%3D1%26searchtypesent%3D1%26property_category%3D1%26searchtype%3D1%26state%3D27%26state%3D27%26county%3D35%26city%255B%255D%3DBrainerd%26pricemin%3D155000%26pricemax%3D160000%26resident%3D1%26yb_l%3D0000%26yb_h%3D2008%26restype%3D1%26vtycount%3D2%26limit%3D10%26sort%3D1%26b.x%3D17%26b.y%3D11%26SRSearchDate%3D1217214704%26SRRecordCount%3D16%26SRPage%3D1%26SRPageCount%3D2%26SRPageLinks%3D6

Wow! Now that's a link!! I suppose there is some neat way to shorten it and give it a cute name but copying/pasting is the limit of my technical abilities. :O) Anyhow, buy it and let Grandma Mary and Pa Ben come live near us!! :O)

Brennen is currently reading his ninth Hardy Boys book of the summer - I think those and the Indiana Jones Legos Playstation game will define the summer of his 7th year when he looks back on this time of his life! He's so excited to have his friend, Andrew, come visit!!

So, that's news from here. Hope all is well with you all! Thanks for taking the time to read!!
Christy

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've enjoyed looking at your blog too...it's such a nice way to see what's going on in everyone's lives. The service went well this morning. We missed you. I LOVE your new house!

Stephanie said...

http://www.maniacworld.com/twin-baby-moose-in-sprinkler.html

Thought you'd enjoy this.

Kate Geesaman said...

So glad you guys are settling in! I can't wait to get to a new house and spread out, it will be such a relief!