Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kindrid Turns Six...

Despite all the rules against getting older that Todd and I have made, our little girl keeps having birthdays. Her actual birthday was October 7th, but, as that was a school and AWANA day, we celebrated on Saturday, Oct. 10th instead with 7 of her girl friends. This is a milestone for all of us since last year her birthday was so soon after moving here that she really didn't have any little friends to invite. She wanted a simple party and thought of most of the games herself. Here the girls are doing hopscotch in the garage (Todd and Brennen looked up online exact specs and worked together with sidewalk chalk to make a nice one for the girls.) We also had a rousing game of "Keep the Balloon in the Air." Another game involved the girls thinking up uses for unusual objects. Here the two teams are, deep in thought. :O)
And of course, there were gifts. Autumn gave Kindrid a soccer ball - a girly one!!
Sisters, Shelby and Lauren, gave Kindrid a Lite Brite! (which has a whole new look since I was a kid!)

Valerie gave Kindrid a darling soft horse:

Sisters, Shelby and Paige, gave Kindrid a Barbie Mermaid doll:

I had to include this shot of those two girls, too. Cute!

And a patient Bryn waited politely until the end for her gift to be opened. She gave Kindrid a "fairy hut" as Kindrid calls it:

Six years we've been blessed by our happy girl who delights in songs, smiles, beauty, cuddles, stories and love. Thank you, God!
Blessings to you,
Christy
PS I just have to add a thought about how much quieter and easier this little girl party was than, oh, say, perhaps a little boy party!! :O)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks like a blast. Happy belated birthday Kindrid!

Anonymous said...

Randomly searching through the internet, I ran across your blog, and much to my amazement your little girl's name is Kindrid. Yes and spelled with an id. I also have a little girl born 2007, and I chose to name her Kindrid, a name I had written in my journal in 1995 in hopes that I would someday have a daughter. I never thought I would find someone with that name. Hoping your day has been a great one. Robin (lostinthought8@yahoo.com)