Tuesday, June 17, 2008

But it's a dry heat...

Current outdoor temp: 88 degrees
Current humidity: 13%
Winds: 15-20 mph

As the Stewarts lament, the Sandbergs like it COLD in the summer. Our a/c runs overtime! But today I have the trailer windows open and it's fairly comfortable inside! We have no shade in our site, but the difference between humid heat and dry heat truly is remarkable. The evenings cool off beautifully and the bugs, so far, have been minimal. Wow! (Just so you don't worry, Jeannie, we have a/c in the camper that works great - I won't let it get too out of control!) :O)

The kids spent some time at the pool today.
Current pool temp: 64 degrees

Brennen would stay in until he was blue, get out, wrap up in his sun-warmed towel and walk around and around the pool to warm up. I think Kindrid actually got her whole suit wet once but mostly she played with "Little Lady," her new pet ladybug. (Lady bug, Asian beetle - whatever). Pictures were taken at lunch - Kindrid is a bird in the second one...oops, I mean an EAGLE...sorry about that!



I know, maybe not the greatest pix of Brennen, but trying to get a shot of him these days when he isn't hamming or eating is a challenge. You all will just have to take what you get! :O)

While the kids played by the pool, I read almost half of another book from the TWO BOXES Wendy W. gave me before I left Peoria...thanks, Wendy!! :O) I still struggle with feeling guilty that I'm not doing more. I'm trying to make myself just enjoy it as I know these weeks are fleeting and busy-ness will enter again soon. What a blessing this time of long, slow, quiet days has been!

Hope you have some peaceful moments today, too!

Love,

Christy

3 comments:

grandmamarge said...

never forget that you are doing the most important task assigned you, wife and mother. guilt, schmilt.....you have nothing to feel guilty about! you gotta love the Bible verse about being still and knowing that "I am God." And of course, Ecclesiastes 3, lucky for us, it's God that is in charge of the time. Relax, love those terrific grandkids of mine, and read those books! Life is good, love ya mom

Jeannie said...

I cannot believe you would subject innocent children to open windows & the a/c not being on. Even your replacement doesn't do that to her kids.

Can't wait for your busyness to kick in June 30! Then you'll know what we've been dealing with this week and on into next. The packing elf was in the building on Sunday afternoon so when I arrived on Monday all of the built in cabinets from the office had been packed. Next week they can start packing Kids ROCK and everything else that is going to go with us. You should be here. Ann S. a/k/a/ "old Ann" has her desk all packed & boxes at the new place. I keep printing labels, signs, running to Office Max and doing online ordering for people. Maybe tomorrow after Martha gets 2 weeks of bulletins run, folded, stuffed, etc. I can do something.

Aren't you sorry to miss the excitement? The offices are gorgeous! Do you remember seeing the plan for a big cubicle all the way by the wall that holds 4 people? That has 1 empty space, a Kids ROCK volunteer, the Director of Children's Ministry & the Administrative Assistant! You could have shared a cubical with me!

Fortunately we now have changed to Google Apps for our email & calendar so next week when the computer network is taken down I can do the email update from home & check calendars.

Have a good Friday--think of me going to Gran Azteca for lunch!

Love, Jeannie

Anonymous said...

she has a hot little body